Since 2013, PaulCamper is enabling people having a great time in the outdoors by giving them simple and uncomplicated access to thousands of individual campervans and motorhomes. Since then, we have become Europe's largest and fastest growing camper sharing platform.
At PaulCamper, we believe in an environment that encourages ownership, continuous development, and strives for high self-efficacy for each team member. That's why we are working in a lean and agile manner in cross-functional teams. Our team of 60+ people is located at our Berlin head quarter and partly remote.
We are backed by renowned international marketplace investors and want to bring the PaulCamper experience to millions of people. This means we have the ambition to 10x our nights booked within the next four years!
State of PaulCamper
The Leadership Team is currently expanding to include key builders to take the company to the next level. They form the steering team of the company and scale, together with the founder and CEO dirkfehse .
More on the founder's vision and business perspective can be found here und here
The Director Product & UX will support us by translating our purpose and mission into a winning product strategy and then driving it. To that end, we are looking for someone who:
- Builds a world-class user experience based on entrepreneurial and data-driven decision making through rapid iteration in a lean MVP style.
- Recognises cause-effect relationships and dependencies, and translates them into actionable next steps
- Grows the product and UX team significantly in order to achieve our ambitious goals.
- Leads and develops a team of currently 28 members through regular feedback to create connections that enable effective collaboration.
- Empowers and mentors also other teams that require your product and UX expertise.
Your Skillset and Experience
- E-shaped leader who brings relevant experience across several areas (e.g. acquisition, tech), embraces exploring the unproven and combines it with stellar executional skills.
- 7+ years track record of achievements as a product and UX leader (ideally on globally-scalable products)
- 3+ years in senior-level management at an industry leading digital company
- Proven track record of being a visionary - you have strategised, created and executed upon bold product roadmaps with game-changing success, while possibly constantly realigning under new circumstances
- Have proven to be an evidence-based decision maker, taking end to end responsibility by measuring impacts, making dependencies and interdependencies become transparent, and processing information quickly
- Led and scaled product and UX teams - on site and remotely. You know how to recruit and retain top-tier product and UX people
- Has high level of empathy and networked thinking, taking the team with you, tying the knots into a big picture
- Proven tool knowledge (choosing and implementing them): self-organisation, prioritisation, collaboration and UX
- Languages: Fluent in German & English
- The PaulCamper experience makes people smile - so it would be nice if you were fun to work with too!
- Being part of PaulCamper’s success story and actively helping shape and scale our company and its culture
- A unique international team that is intrinsically motivated and passionate for outdoor travel. People that embrace uncertainty as they see the opportunities within.
- Responsibility, challenges and encouragement from day one, with the chance to create impact for good.
- An open feedback culture as well as room for further professional and personal growth.
- Flexibility in working setup incl. a bright and open office located in central Berlin.
Hungry to build up the next big thing to experience the outdoors and eager to learn a lot in a highly dynamic and agile environment? Then send us your application. We're looking forward to hearing from you!